- 1 (16 ounces) package of whole wheat or regular pasta (spaghetti)
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup warm water
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 bag of frozen vegetables, such as broccoli or snow peas, thawed
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- In a large pot bring water to boil to cook pasta.
- Lightly thaw frozen veggies in the microwave for two to three minutes.
- Add pasta to boiling water.
- While pasta is cooking, combine peanut butter and warm water in a medium bowl. Stir into a smooth, thin sauce.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar to the bowl. Mix until sugar dissolves. If using, stir in red pepper flakes.
- Just before pasta finishes cooking, add thawed veggies to the pot with the pasta. Drain pasta and veggies and return to pot.
- Pour peanut sauce over the pasta and veggies. Toss to combine. Serve warm or cold
- Serves 8
- 300 calories per serving
When adding the sauce to the pasta and veggies, you could also add a cooked protein, like cubed tofu or diced chicken.
Spice up the sauce with ½ teaspoon garlic powder or ginger.